If you are a publisher who needs to locate a NIMAS conversion vendor, the NIMAC provides a free, self-listing page for companies that specialize in digital content conversion services:
The three essential references for creating NIMAS files:
- NIMAS 1.1 Specification
- DAISY Structure Guidelines
- NIMAC Metadata Guidelines 2022 (available in English or Spanish)
Additional Metadata Resources:
More Resources for Preparing NIMAS:
- Resources for Writing Image Descriptions
- MathML: Special Reminders for NIMAS (available in English or Spanish)
- NIMAS Validation: Using the NIMAC Validation Wizard (PowerPoint available in English or Spanish)
- NIMAC Excel to OPF Template, Revised May 2019
Best Practices for Creating NIMAS
This two-part webinar series (March 2021) highlights best practices for creating NIMAS file sets and explores the challenges unique to creating NIMAS for born-digital educational materials.
Creating NIMAS I: Best Practices & Avoiding Common Problems
Creating NIMAS II: The NOI and Digital Instructional Materials
You can also download the Powerpoints for the Notice of Interpretation (available in English or Spanish) and the NIMAC Exemplar for Digital Instructional Materials (available in English or Spanish) to keep for future reference!
Best Practices for Creating Tables of Contents
Utilizing examples from the DAISY Structure Guidelines, this short video goes over the correct XML formatting for NIMAS TOC.